Judge Kenneth Lester allowed George Zimmerman a $1,000,000 bond. Zimmerman made bond and has been released today.
Conditions of Zimmerman's bond are:
* Zimmerman isn't allowed to leave Seminole County without prior authorization from the court.
* He also has to check in with authorities every 48 hours
* He can't enter Orlando Sanford International Airport property
* He must be electronically monitored
* He can’t open a bank account
* He can't obtain a passport
Although Lester allowed bail he made statements in his ruling indicating he is not happy at being lied to by Zimmerman.
“Under any definition, the defendant has flaunted the system,” Lester said. “Although there is no record of flight to avoid prosecution, this court finds that circumstances indicate that the defendant was preparing to flee to avoid prosecution but such plans were thwarted.”
“The defendant has tried to manipulate the system when he has been presented the opportunity to do so,” Lester said.
Those statements by Judge Lester make it seem as if it will be very hard for Zimmerman to use a stand your ground defense. He needs to be seen as honest since he killed the only other witness and right now his honesty and integrity can definitely be questioned.
Read the judges decision here